1. Application Form. Prospective students interested in applying to Olivet University must submit the application form from http://apply.myolivet.com/ Olivet University does not accept the Common Application.
2. Motivation Letter. Applicants must submit a written essay describing:
3. Prerequisite Coursework
4. Prior Degree Requirements:
A technical 4-year undergraduate degree or 2-year master’s degree (STEM, economics, finance or business) with sufficient exposure to quantitative methods demonstrating the fitness of the applicant for research and teaching. Applicants are responsible for making sure original transcripts are mailed directly from the issuing educational institution to Olivet University:
36401 Tripp Flats Rd.
Anza, CA 92539
5. Prior Degree Performance:
3.3 for the Doctor of Philosophy program on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent according to the institution’s grading norms, for all course work during the last two years of graduate study.
The Doctoral Committee may, at times, admit on “probation” an applicant with a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) below 3.0/3.3. The reason for granting probation is evidence presented by the applicant that his or her cumulative GPA does not necessarily reflect his or her competence to do doctoral level work. A student admitted on probation is required to maintain a 3.0/3.3 cumulative GPA and adhere to any other stipulations imposed by the Doctoral Committee, otherwise, he or she will be dismissed from the program
6. Curriculum Vitae: Applicants must attach their curriculum vitae including following items: Name and contact information (including e-mail) and family data (wife & children), Educational background (name of the colleges or universities attended, degrees earned, area(s) of study and graduation dates), Brief work history (Place of employment including address and job title, main tasks and achievements), Service documentation (any professional associations, volunteer work, committee membership, etc.).
7. Recommendations: Applicants must submit at least three recommendation letters. One letter must be a reference from a church pastor who is knowledgeable about the applicant’s current church involvement. The other two recommendations should come from someone who is able to comment on your professional and educational goals and potential. This could be a professor or supervisor. Recommendations may not be from a member of your immediate family or your spouse.
8. Statement of Faith: Applicants must sign Olivet University’s Statement of Faith.
9. Application Fee: Applicants must submit non-refundable application fee